In our fast-paced, ever expanding global community, we have a great need to understand ourselves and our era in the light of our history. In the M.A.H.T. program, students are equipped with a historically-minded approach to evaluate current events of today in relation to all that has come before. Through this program, WSC endeavors to serve the church by training students to give an honest and coherent account of the past as well as to relate significant issues of historical theology to contemporary intellectual and cultural movements.
Download M.A.H.T. informational PDF Download program comparison PDF
“There is a great deal of confusion over central issues in the church today, even in Reformed circles. The education I received at WSC gave me solid preparation to face these challenges and to stand firm on the theology of the Reformed Confessions.”
shane rosenthal, M.A.H.T.
- Enable students to gain an understanding of Christian theology with particular attention to the historical development of Christian theological traditions and the critical skills for evaluating them
- Provide students with the necessary skills for evaluating the various approaches to the study of history (historiography)
- Read and analyze representative theologians and texts from throughout the history of Christianity and demonstrate a grasp of the history of biblical exegesis
- Prepare graduates to enter research programs in history or theology or, with further practical training, to use their theological knowledge in such ministries as teaching, missions or lay church leadership
- Articulate a coherent account of the history of exegetical and dogmatic theology
- Demonstrate historical sensitivity in evaluating theology as well as a grasp of the intention behind the various theological formulations in each historical epoch
- Relate the great issues of historical theology to contemporary intellectual and cultural movements
|20 credits||Historical Theology|
|16 credits||Greek and Hebrew Languages|
|13 credits||Systematic Theology & Apologetics|
|10 credits||Church History|
|2 credits||Biblical Studies|
|2 credits||Graduate Theological Writing and Bibliography|
|72 credits||Total Credit Hours Including Biblical Languages|
Specific course requirements for the Master of Arts (Historical Theology) program can be found in the WSC Catalogue.