What Is a Personal Visit?
A personal visit is a chance to visit WSC with a day-long schedule tailored to your needs.
- Visit Classes: study under our top pastor-scholars in two or three classes; we schedule classes in your area of interest if available
- Tour the Campus: get to know your way around
- Go to Morning Devotions: experience devotional life on campus if you visit on a Tuesday or Thursday
- Go Out to Lunch: a professor or current student will take you out to lunch and answer theological questions and questions about the WSC experience
- Interact with Students: meet them throughout the day
- Learn about the Admissions Process and Financial Aid Opportunities: speak with an Admissions representative one-on-one about our academic programs, application process, student life, housing, scholarships, and more
Personal Visit Details
When to Visit
Personal visits may be scheduled on most days, but we recommend that you come Tuesday through Friday during the academic year (Sept-May). When you contact us, we might recommend a day based on that semester’s course schedule and your program of interest. During the summer and on breaks there are no classes, but you’ll still be able to take a tour, meet with a representative of the admissions office, and go out to lunch.
Schedule a Personal Visit Today!
Fill out the Request a Campus Visit form and we’ll be in touch about the details of your personal visit. Do you have any questions? Contact Mark MacVey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888/480.8474.
Explore WSC Travel Grant
We know that a campus visit with face-to-face interaction is invaluable to making a decision about seminary. We also know that travel isn’t cheap. Therefore WSC offers travel grants which provide up to $400 in financial assistance to serious prospective students who wish to experience WSC in person through a personal visit or a Seminary for a Day event. To participate, you need to schedule a campus visit and submit receipts for your travel expenses to the Office of Admissions during or shortly after your visit. We will reimburse you for up to $400 of your travel costs. Eligible expenses include: airfare, car rental and fuel, or mileage if personal vehicle is used, and lodging. Approval of the travel reimbursements is at the discretion of the Office of Admissions.
We offer places to stay with current students, faculty or local church members for free for up to two nights. Staying with members of the seminary community allows you to get to know the community even better. Please email us at email@example.com if this arrangement is of interest to you as you plan your campus visit. There are also a number of nice hotels near campus recommended by the seminary.
If you are flying in we recommend that you rent a car, especially if you want to explore beautiful Southern California while you’re here. If you just need a ride to and from the San Diego airport and back and forth to campus, the Office of Admissions is happy to offer that for free.
Where is WSC Located?
WSC is located at 1725 Bear Valley Parkway, Escondido CA 92027. The Office of Admissions is located in the Administration Building. As you enter the main gate, veer right. The first building on your left is the Administration Building. Visitors may park in the lot immediately in front of that building. The main entrance is on the first level facing the parking lot. The Front Office Assistant can direct you to the Office of Admissions.