Westminster Seminary California’s 2018 Annual Conference commenced the evening of Friday, January 12, and continued through Saturday afternoon. This year’s conference attracted nearly 300 people to campus from across the U.S. Many others tuned in online via live stream from the Philippines, United Kingdom, Canada, and Israel. Emcee Dr. Ryan Glomsrud and other members of the WSC faculty - President Joel E. Kim, Drs. W. Robert Godfrey, Dennis E. Johnson, Bryan D. Estelle, David VanDrunen, and Joshua J. Van Ee – explored the conference theme, “The Bible: His Stories. Your Life.” Each speaker considered God’s stories from a particular perspective, such as literary artistry, history, theology, preaching, and the interconnectivity of the biblical narratives.
Following the lectures, there was a question-and-answer session with the faculty panel, which allowed the audience and those watching via livestream to submit questions concerning the Bible and the topics addressed during the conference. It was a wonderful time of conviction, refreshment, and encouragement as the faculty reminded listeners that history truly is His Story and that God has included us in His glorious plan through Christ Jesus, the One to whom all Scripture points.
- God's Stories as Literary Artistry, President Joel E. Kim
- God's Stories as History, Dr. Joshua J. Van Ee
- God's Stories as Theology, Dr. David VanDrunen
- Allusion: The Interaction Among God's Stories, Dr. Bryan D. Estelle
- God's Stories and Other Stories, Dr. W. Robert Godfrey
- Preaching God's Stories, Dr. Dennis E. Johnson
- Faculty Question & Answer Panel
- Click here to view photos from the conference