Welcome to Westminster Seminary California! We are excited you will be joining our seminary community. On this page, you will find the information you need to make your transition to WSC as smooth as possible.
Some things to keep in mind over the coming weeks or months as you prepare to begin your studies at Westminster Seminary California.
- Apply for financial aid
- Apply for on-campus housing in the Westminster Village or inquire about other arrangements for housing.
- Log in to Populi to pay the $100 WSC Enrollment Deposit.
- Contact the Registrar (email@example.com) for instructions about registering for courses (more info below).
- Prepare for the English Bible Exam. Those who pass will be exempt from taking OT520 English Bible Survey in the Spring. See the Catalogue for more information.
- Prepare for Greek/Hebrew Placement Exams (optional, for those with previous language study)
- Submit an Academic Paper for waiver of PT400 Graduate Theological Writing (optional, prior to first fall semester)
- Attend the New Student Orientation
July 1 - Registration deadline. $100 Enrollment Deposit Due. $50 Late Fee for registration after this date.
July 19 - Greek Placement Exam, 9 am (Hebrew by appointment)
July 20 - Summer Greek I begins
Aug. 20 - Greek I ends
Aug. 24 - Greek I Final Exam
Aug. 25-27 - Break
Aug. 30-Sept. 1 - New Student Orientation & Reception
Sept. 2 - First day of Fall Semester classes
Sept. 13 - English Bible Exam, 3 pm
Nov. 1-5 - Registration Open (Returning Students)
Jan. 3 - Registration & Enrollment Deposit are Due (New Students)
Jan. 4 - Winter Term classes begin
TBD - Spring New Student Orientation
Feb. 8 - Spring Semester classes begin
1) Review Summer and Fall 2021 course schedules below:
2) Review the Degree Calendar for your degree. The degree program listed in your student profile in Populi is the program you provided on your application. If you decide to pursue a different degree program, you will need to submit a request for us to change it.
3) Log in to the Populi Student Information System to register during the designated registration period (contact the Registrar if you are unable to register). Here is a helpful tutorial video to watch prior to registering for classes.
- If you are registering for two terms (i.e. Summer/Fall or Winter/Spring) you will need to change the term directly under the profile menu to get to the other term.
- You must register for Greek I (Summer) before you can register for Greek II (Fall).
- You should register for all potential classes, including those for which you hope to place/test out including Greek/Hebrew language courses, PT400 Graduate Theological Writing, and PT410 Oral Communication. You will be automatically removed (without charge) from any courses for which you receive a waiver.
4) Pay the $100 Enrollment Deposit which is due by July 1st (Fall start), December 15 (Winter start), or January 1st (Spring Start) by credit or debit card in Populi (under the financial tab) or by sending a check to:
Westminster Seminary California
Office of Admissions
1725 Bear Valley Pkwy
Escondido, CA 92027
5) Once you are registered you should see pending charges for the courses you selected as well as any pending aid (please note, however, if you have been awarded a scholarship based on a % of your tuition, the actual amount may not be calculated yet). You will receive an invoice for these courses during the month in which the term begins--after July 1st (for Summer), after August 1st (for Fall), after January 1 (for Winter), and after February 1 (for Spring). If you would like to make a payment sooner, you are welcome to do that through Populi or by sending a check to our business office. More Information regarding tuition and fees, payment schedules, refunds, etc. is available here.