Most charitable gifts to Westminster Seminary California are given in the form of cash because this is so familiar. However, this may not be the most cost-effective way for you to give.
You can increase your potential impact – and experience significant tax savings – by giving non-cash assets.
Examples of Non-Cash Assets
- Stock or marketable securities
- Real estate
- Business interests
- Farm commodities
- Life insurance
- IRA charitable rollover (for donors ages 70 ½ and above)
- Tangible personal property
Benefits of Giving Non-Cash Assets
- Tax-wise. Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your gift and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assets.
- Eliminate hassles. Give assets that you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties of vacation homes) for the benefit of Westminster Seminary California.
To learn more about making a gift through your will or other smart and powerful giving options, call Dawn Doorn at 888.480.8474 Ext 130 or email email@example.com.
Request your free copy of “Smart and Powerful Giving: Increase Your Impact through Planned Gifts.”